dimanche 19 avril 2009

"Dozing off" and "Catching up", mixed media drawings on mylar


Dozing off, as many people do in the metro after a day's work.

Dozing off (12x12 inches), a mixed media drawing on mylar with collages and transfers. I more particularly worked with acrylic ink and charcoal for the outlines and added some oil stick for the red background and white scraf.







A quiet time to catch up on the news.




Catching up (18 x 18 inches), a mixed media drawing on mylar with transfers and collages. I worked mainly with charcoal and white oil stick for this drawing.



In this series of 10 drawings on mylar, I prepared all the mylars beforehand with haphazard collages and transfers, as well as with additions of acrylic ink. Taking advantage of the abstract shapes and textures of each particular mylar, I worked with what was before me to create each particular drawing. I really like drawing the people that I encounter in the metro, and I referenced back to these sketches for this series of drawings.





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire