mardi 29 décembre 2009

"La sortie II", a three plate intaglio print


La sortie II (7 x 6 inches), a three plate intaglio print.

This print is one of the many colour proofs that I printed using a third plate in addition to the two plates used for La Sortie, discussed below. On this third copper plate I worked only in dry point for the figures appearing in the windows, in a combination of needle and roulette.

I found that I could not determine to my satisfaction the colour harmonies and order of printing that I wanted for this print, which juxtaposed plates with sugar lift etching, dry point as well as a bit of digital and concluded that, in its two plate state, La Sortie spoke rather well for itself as it was.

The third plate with the figures drawn in dry point has its own particular appeal and will be reworked slightly and editioned as a single plate.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire